Roadtrip lessons’ learned
1. Elko’s Stockman’s Casino is cutting back on the size of Jack Daniels given to 3-card poker players. Room rates are up to $45 from $29. Rumor has it (employee at another Holder’s property) that the chain is losing money with one exception. I love Stockman’s and wish it well.
2. Don’t expect too much from a $20 motel room (‘The Paradise’) in Ogalala, Nebraska. Like toilets that flush or made up beds, or things like that. And don’t underestimate the peace of mind that a sidearm provides.
3. A day spent with your parents is time well spent.
4. A Ford Focus, even heavily weighted down with 130k+ miles, still gets 39 highway mpg.
5. Most of America is not screwed up.