Global Trends 2025 is a document produced by government intelligence agencies. The document has not been released yet, but some of the conclusions have been .
There is good news and bad news. The bad news is that our government servants are dangerously ignorant. I’ve run across this Finger guy before and he actually seems to be dumber than he looks (sorry, that is two personal insults in one day, I know). Either that or he is deeply corrupt. I can’t figure him out.
The good news is that his conclusions are all wrong, and the US will be far stronger in 2025 than it is today. Finger’s mind is contaminated with six bad assumptions:
Bad Assumption #1: Human Biodiversity does not exist.
Bad Assumption #2: The Texts of Islam are comparable to the Texts of the Bible.
Bad Assumption #3: We can replace fossil fuels with non-nuclear green power sources.
Bad Assumption #4: Global Warming is significant.
Bad Assumption #5: Ignorance of domestic oil shale resources and technologies.
Bad Assumption #6: Unmentioned. Just read Plato about systems of government and the effects of idle spendthrifts. See also the Federalist Papers and the Constitution as originally approved as an expedient ‘reset’. Despite what a bad guy George Washington was.
Some Global Trends 2025 datapoints:
1. Global Warming will cause global flooding. Enough said.
2. Mass immigration will make things better for the US than for other industrialized countries because mass immigration introduces ‘vitality’. Comment: I took the Boston subway last week and it was, indeed, vibrant. I didn’t get mugged either.
3. The texts of Islam are not mentioned. Enough said.
4. “A shift away from an oil-based energy system will be underway or complete by 2025. Better renewable technologies such as solar and wind power offer the best opportunity for a quick and low-cost transition, the report said.”
#4 is a completely ignorant statement. Solar and wind power have no potential to replace oil unless we electrify our transportation corridors. Even then, fossil and nuclear fuels would need to power 85% of the power grid. There is no foreseeable substitute for the internal combustion engine. The country that controls the world’s oil will control the world as you cannot power a strategic bomber with a battery.
5. “Global wealth was seen shifting from the developed West to the energy-rich Gulf States and Russia…”
North America does not have 3% of the world’s petroleum; it has 67% of the world’s petroleum. We are the ones who are energy rich. We have 400 years worth of petroleum that is accessible at under $30/barrel. Between our oil, our farmland, and the Great Lakes, America is the country set to rule the world for Centuries.
Just add an economic collapse based on living lies (see bad assumptions above), or maybe a successful WMD attack, and the form of government that comes to power in the wake will be ready and willing to use the riches of America IN A METHOD THAT BENEFITS THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.
This guy is our intelligence chief in the meantime.
I do agree with the emergence of regional resource wars over things like food and water. A great big wall and some F/A-18s should be enough to keep that ‘over there’. Post-correction America will likely be highly isolationist. Islam will be banned via the RICO Statutes in the wake of the European War.